Friday, November 16, 2007

The mum has a name card

The Shih Tzu came for his annual vaccination booster during lunch time as the neighbour referred the mum to me. The mum had got a vaccination reminder card from a vet clinic and came here with her daughter. Referral clientele are the most precious and hard to get.

"Two front teeth dropped off as he bites iron gate," mum laughed. "What can be done?"
I said, "I don't think Singapore has the capablility to put on 2 false teeth for him." I checked his other teeth.

This 4-year-old Shih Tzu weighs 8 kg. Not obese. Yellowish white tartar accumulates on 4th premolar.
No bad breadth and no loose decayed dark brown teeth. Dog had been fed on dry dog food and the best steamed fish and chicken.

"Best to get a dental scaling done," I advised. "The tartar brings in bacteria to the gums and then the roots get decayed. After scaling, brush the teeth or give him some ropes to chew or dry dog food."

With yearly dental check up, the teeth can last till he is 15 years old.

The daughter worked in a bank. "Banks pay the most nowadays according to the Straits Times. Change job and get $1,000 pay rise. Change jobs a few times a year and get more pay. Do you have any name card? I asked.

The daughter apologised for not carrying one.

"Do you have one?" I asked the mum. She was conversant in the sale of funds as she was doing it. I was impressed.

Her son qualifies as an accountant, did not practise but works in the hedge fund.

"He is earning at least $10,000 a month," I said.

"More than that," Mum said. I ought to have studied finance and banking. It is too late but young people choosing their degree course ought to go for finance and banking studies if they want to earn much more than a professional.

No comments: