Saturday, December 29, 2007

117. Don't take my picture!

"Don't take my picture! No...no..." the Golden Retriever shifted and lowered and turned his head as his young lady owner tried to pry open his left eyelid for me to take a photograph of the bleeding conjunctiva for my educational purpose in the "Be Kind To Pets" community education project.



A gentle big dog. His lady owner could not position the eyelid, exposed it for me to photograph a wide bleeding strip of conjuncitiva -- reddish and swollen from 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock.

"I'll take the picture for you," the young man said. OK, it was best not to stress out this gentle giant who was attacked by a Border Collie. Two pictures were taken. One was good enough. Beggars can't be choosers! Thanks to the young couple. The dog was treated and should recover with nursing and medication!

Now, why would a Border Collie attack him? Dogs have nemesis too!

No comments: