Sunday, August 19, 2007

33. What Raffles Hotel Means to You - 120 words

“My husband always stays at Raffles Hotel,” the attractive hatmaker had invited me for my first-time tea at Ah Teng’s Bakery in 2006. “One day, I’ll ask my connections to show you where Somerset Maugham and Rudyard Kipling lived!”

I had told her that I enjoyed visiting Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon when I studied to be a veterinarian in Glasgow 3 decades ago.




Her global business expands explosively. I cannot impose on her promise. Raffles Hotel today means more than a memory of a most beautiful hatmaker-veterinarian friendship. Its “Best Hotel in Asia” award and the success of the hatmaker teach me that I must provide the highest quality services or products to be a top dog in my profession.

No comments: