Thursday, August 30, 2007

39. Puppies eliminate on newspapers on day 1 after purchase. Is it possible?

"It is a kumkum," the Indian lady spelled the name of the purplish 1.5-cm diameter, circular dot on her forehead. "It shows that I am married."

This was below a white "Nike" logo on her forehead. Her eyebrows were thick and tattooed or painted.

"How about the black dot (0.5 cm diameter) between your eye brows?" I tried to learn more about her culture.

"Just for decoration."

This lady never fails to attract attention anywhere. Tall. Matronly like the hospital ward sister. Painted oval face and big eyes. My 7 sq m consultation room had sufficient space just for her, the consultation table, cabinets and me. My nurse may have to get out.

She had sold all her 6 Pom puppies to selected friends.

"All must come to you for vaccination as a condition of sale," she said.

"Don't you give them some choices?" I asked.

"No," she said. I vaccinated the parents and one puppy that is 10% bigger than either parent. Thick coat. She complained about a vet charging $400 for vaccination, so she wanted them to come to me. I told her this was not possible.

"Grooming included," she said. I didn't want to proceed further.

"What do you feed this puppy?" Dry puppy food?" I asked.



"No, my home-cooked food. I don't use commercial dog food."

"Are the puppies toilet-trained?"

She said, "The dam teaches the puppy to go to the newspapers. So, at the new home, the puppy just eliminate on the newspaper."

This episode will explain why some first-time puppy owners say that their puppy is so intelligent and knows how to eliminate on the newspapers on day 1.

No comments: